NATURAL SOPHISTICATION – Fun, textured sunglasses were trending last year and, by the looks of it, they are here to stay as one of the most elegant eyewear trends for 2015. Since glitzy, decorative inserts out of every type of materials (from delicate to casual) have been making the rounds, it’s only fair to stop and focus on sunglasses with natural elements as well:
1. Bamboo: Most notably used by Gucci in their accessories range, bamboo is a luxurious material that can elevate any pair of sunglasses when used as an accent.
Try: Gucci bamboo sunglasses with an accent browbar and temples.
2. Mother-of-pearl inserts: Elegant and quite rarely seen on sunglasses, mother-of-pearl inserts mimic the look of jewelry. So chic!
Try: Tiffany sunglasses.
3. Leather inserts: These are clearly not for everyone, but if leather shoes – particularly Jimmy Choos – are your thing, consider this your cue.
4. Fully gold-plated sunglasses: Nothing is quite as lavish as a pair of 18k gold plated metal sunglasses. If you want to go all out, look no further than Dolce & Gabbana.
5. Subtle, gold-plated details: If the pair above is too much for you, how about some aviators in 18k gold-plated metal? The delicate temples and the easy-going style are all about discrete luxury.
Try: Tiffany aviators.